I. About Asian Open Source Software Center (AOSSC)
On the common ground of promoting open source technology adoption in Asia over the past few years, more than 10 open source centers and promotion organization have reached agreement in 2008, and signed the collaboration MOU with details below:
- To cooperate and contribute to the growth of OSS (Open Source Software) in Asia
- To cooperate and collaborate with participating OSS centers for OSS promotion in Asia
- To facilitate information and knowledge exchange among participating OSS centers in Asia
- To cultivate human resource development in Asia
- To promote the use and development of OSS applications in specific are, as beneficial to Asian countries
Scope of co-operation:
- Human resource development
- Database for information and knowledge exchange
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
- Regular meetings.
II. About Asia Open Source Software Symposium
Asia Open Source Software Symposium, which has changed its name to Asia Open Source Software Conference and Showcase (AOSSC), have been held since March 2003, and Asia Open Source Software Conference and Showcase 2008 commemorated 10th event with the title of " Asia OSS."
As a result of joint-initiatives among CICC (Center of the International Cooperation for Computerization) and Asian economies, we have witnessed in the past five years, each economy has promoted own self-sustaining development. This has been possible by the establishment of key networks of people, combined with implementation of policies for Open Source Software (OSS) use by each of the Asian governments, cooperation among companies though use of OSS, as well as launch of many domestic and international events on OSS.
With the understanding that the Asia OSS events have successfully accomplished its purpose, we have announced to make the AOSS 2008 the last AOSS event hosted by CICC.
For the future, Asia Open Source Software Conference and Showcase will be continuously held by Asia OSS Center members. CICC will co-operate those future activities as follow-up, based on our experience and know-how to hold and promote those events.